| | This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done ~Author unknown |
“There’s a Sunday School class with no teacher. Somebody needs to teach it.” I said I would teach.
“We’re too nervous to read lessons in front of the whole church.” I said I would read.
“Mrs. A has been care group leader for a long time. Somebody else needs to take a turn.” I took it.
“Everybody is too busy nowadays to serve funerals.” I washed dishes and made bars.
“The food pantry board needs a representative from our church to serve.” I said I would do it.
“None of us has the time to chair a call committee.” We needed a pastor, so I did.
“Our secretary quit. We need somebody to replace her.” I learned how to make bulletins.
“Who’s going to get the Christmas poinsettias/Easter lilies?” I drove to the store and picked them up.
“Who is supposed to change the worship time on the sign out front?” I changed it.
“We’re running out of communion wafers. Mr. T always got them before he died.” I placed an order.
“We’ll be on vacation the weekend of the synod assembly. We need a delegate.” I went.
“Everybody wants out of the ELCA. Nobody would ever want a gay pastor and nobody will leave this church.” I left. I am Nobody.
No comments:
Post a Comment